A fantastically useful recipe to use up any leftover pasta from the night before.
Cold Pasta with Tomatoes and Spring Onions (for 2)
– 450g leftover pasta
– 6 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
– 350g ripe cherry tomatoes
– 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
– 4 tablespoons olive oil
– black pepper, freshly gro
– fresh parsley and basil (or the dried kind if not available!)
Rinse the pasta in cold running water to separate the pieces and remove any lingering sauce. Chop the onions and tomatoes and place in a large serving bowl. Mix together with a fork the vinegar salt pepper and oil, and pour this into the serving bowl.
Drain the pasta thoroughly and add to the serving bowl, along with as much chopped basil and parsley as you can find. Toss the ingredients together and serve cold!