The College have a list of documents to read and some need actions such as registering for the University. We recommend reading everything sooner rather than later as some things need to be sent in by the beginning of September. There’s a few things that we think you should also do before you arrive to make the transition as smooth as possible.
- If you haven’t got a Facebook Profile, get one. This is where you’ll find the Freshers’ Page, Group Chats and, after you arrive, the JCR page. Also, almost all events during the Oxford term are organized via Facebook so you don’t want to miss out!
- Join the Facebook Freshers’ Page, ‘St John’s College Oxford Undergrad Freshers 2020’. You’ll need to request access from one of our admins so give them a little time. This is where you’ll find important posts from the Freshers’ Week Committee and other current members of college.
- Make sure you are added to the group chat. The Freshers’ Week Chairs should do this for you.
- Please answer our dietary requirement Google Form
- College will already have been in touch to ask about disabilities, but if you would like the JCR to be aware, please contact the JCR Disabilities Officer, Alice Hackney at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Accept friend requests from your college parents when they send you a request. Learn about this in College Families. If you haven’t heard from them yet make sure to let a committee member or one of the JCR welfare team know!
- Ask either your college parents or on the group chat any questions you have, you won’t be the only one thinking it.
- Enjoy the rest of your summer!